Wednesday 5 August 2009

My helper

i used to have a maid. (well 3, actually). an indonesian. but not anymore. now i'm hiring a 50-year old single mom to help me out with the house chores. she comes at 7 in the morning and goes home at 1 in the afternoon, for 3 days a week - monday, wednesday & friday. in my 2nd month of confinement period, the lady began her job. and i was there to supervise her, and tell her what to do and how to do it my way. she is ok, soft-spoken, does her cleaning job well, and i like her. plus, i had a caesarean to the 3rd baby, and have 2 hyperenergetic tots, she really helps me a lot.

now, i'm back to work - it's been 2 weeks. and she continues coming to my place and does all the cleaning jobs. BUT. i think the quality of her work is not up to my taste. on monday, i checked that the toilet bowl in the second bathroom wasnt cleaned, and the bathroom floor in master bedroom was not scrubbed. how do i know that? because, i purposely put the 'berus sabut' under the sink on friday, and it remains where it was, and of course, the floor is slippery. and the floor in the dining area was not properly swept and mopped, because there was still some sticky stains of soya drink that my daughter spilled on saturday morning. how could she just ignore that? is it because i wasnt at home to observe her working, then she can do what she please?

the top reason why she works with me is to sort out my family clothing. i've told her - the baby's mittens and booties need to be tied together, fold and arrange the girls' dresses according to size and its pairs. BUT. she didnt do that. i always found a mitten and couldnt find the pair, and when it comes to the girls' clothes, it's hard for me to find the correct pairs for them. and the clothes shelves have become so hectic that i almost scream in front of it. THIS does not make my life easier, but OTHERWISE!!! This lady helper, i think, has a problem of differentiating the sizes and gender of the clothing!

and, one thing i couldnt stand about her, is - she loves talking. she talks and talks and as if i have all the time to listen to her lament. oh, her husband has passed away about 7 months ago. i understand she is still saddened with it. but, look, it's almost 7.30 a.m. and she expects me to sit down and entertain her! no way! i've got morning class, and before that, i have to send all my children to the babysitter, and the process takes me nearly half-an-hour - loading them in the car, and unloading them to the babysitter's house.

well, i hope when i get home this evening, everything is sparkling clean. if not, i'm going to slash out rm50 from her pay.....

No comments:

Post a Comment